Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stanford

This the second day at Stanford and I'll be here for a month or so. I had another bone marrow test today and they have been drawing so much blood I'm surprised I have any left. I have a PICC which is a tube in my arm that runs through a vein to my heart. It sounds worse than it is. I was apprehensive about getting this but it was a very nice guy who did the procedure and I really didn't feel a thing. They will use this to take blood and administer the chemo. Hopefully I will find out about my chemo tomorrow as they need some results from my bone marrow. I might not get started until Thursday. I can be on the traditional 7 days a week plan or I might be on a 3 day, 1 day on 1 day off, clinical trial. Last night was tough probably more anxiety than anything else. Having my wife show up this morning was a big emotional lift.

No comments: