Friday, May 16, 2014

Support

As you can imagine when the doctor says you have a life threatening disease it is pretty powerful. It took a couple days for it to totally sink in. I have had a good life, great wife and loving children and a job I very much enjoyed. We have lived in the same home for 40 years and we have our creature comforts. Material goods, trinket, doodads, gadgets have never been very important in my life. My closet is ridiculously small. Friend ship is what has given quality and depth to our life. Through trips to Tahoe, Iowa, Washington D.C., Hawaii, Monterey and Europe we have developed and enjoyed many good friends. Now in my emotional time the support from our friends and relatives has been very sincerely appreciated and a touching lift.

1 comment:

Omablog said...

Wish I could be with you guys. Know I'm hugging all of you from afar .. Love you.